[packman] ffmpeg-4 not available for Opensuse Leap 15.2

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 12 09:26:29 CET 2021

Hi Adrian,

On Mon, 2021-01-11 at 14:04 +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 1/11/21 10:34 AM, Olaf Hering wrote:
> > Am Mon, 11 Jan 2021 10:30:31 +0100
> > schrieb John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de>:
> >
> > > So the ffmpeg package from Packman is identical to the standard
> > > one in openSUSE?
> >
> > Yes. See the available knobs in ffmpeg-4.spec.
>
> Hmm, the ffmpeg package in multimedia:libs builds an ffmpeg-4 package
> but apparently not in openSUSE:Leap:15.2 which apparently is what
> Packman links to.
>
> The problem is that some packages such has mkchromecast have ffmpeg-4
> in their Requires which is therefore not available in openSUSE Leap
> 15.2.

Perhaps I am a little late to the party, but there is a ffmpeg-4 package
for 15.2 in Packman. It provides
ffmpeg = 4.2.1
ffmpeg-4 = 4.2.1-pm152.3.17
ffmpeg-4(x86-64) = 4.2.1-pm152.3.17
ffmpeg-tools = 4.2.1

As far as I can see, mkchromecast requires ffmpeg-4, so this should be
requirement should be satisfyable.

Maybe I am not understanding the initial problem.

Greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Botter zu HauseBremen