[packman] python error with youtube-dl

Malcolm malcolmlewis at cableone.net
Sat Feb 6 19:18:26 CET 2021

On Sat 06 Feb 2021 12:03:06 PM CST, Malcolm wrote:

>On Sat 06 Feb 2021 06:56:14 PM CST, Luigi Baldoni wrote:
>
>>Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2021 at 3:17 PM
>>From: "Malcolm" <malcolmlewis at cableone.net>
>>> Hi
>>> The Packman version doesn't build the python module?  Is there any
>>> point in actually having it on Packman anymore since it's built on
>>> OBS
>>
>>The packman version has a cron job that offers the latest version
>>available within minutes, I believe. Whereas on openSUSE one has to
>>wait for a manual update, submission to Factory and code review.
>>
>>Since it's updated even multiple times a day, at times, I think the
>>packman way offers a better service to the final user.
>>
>>Regards
>>

>Hi
>Then I would suggest a systemd service and timer created and submitted
>to Network Utilities. Cron is dead! ;)
>
>It could just be created as an extra package, the main goal is to
>remove the unnecessary packages to reduce build resources, this seems
>like a candidate....

Hi
Have you looked at the cronjob and script? It's not for end user use
just a maintainer tool (should be a _service... so the actual changes
get added.)

Likewise it's broken for the original OP.... the openSUSE version
works...

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
Tumbleweed 20210203 | GNOME Shell 3.38.3 | 5.10.12-1-default