[packman] python error with youtube-dl

Luigi Baldoni aloisio at gmx.com
Sat Feb 6 18:56:14 CET 2021

Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2021 at 3:17 PM
From: "Malcolm" <malcolmlewis at cableone.net>
> Hi
> The Packman version doesn't build the python module?  Is there any
> point in actually having it on Packman anymore since it's built on OBS

The packman version has a cron job that offers the latest version available within minutes, I believe.
Whereas on openSUSE one has to wait for a manual update, submission to Factory and code review.

Since it's updated even multiple times a day, at times, I think the packman way offers a better service
to the final user.

Regards