[packman] A segmentation fault in attempting to have the Qt window of vlc-beta-20211210.736213df13-pm153.17.1.x86_64 fully loaded in a 64-bit, openSUSE, Leap-15.3, Linux operating system installed in VirtualBox

Lawrence Patrick Somerville spring2014day at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 22:29:06 CET 2021

Especially for Masaru Nomiya, but allowing other people to read his
response:

Concerning your success in "building" a .rpm (RedHat package manager) file
for the software package vlc-beta and your success in installing and
working with the resulting vlc-beta software package, please give us some
details of your computer "environment," for example a 64-bit, openSUSE,
Leap-15.3, Linux operating system in Oracle (Corporation) VM (Virtual
Machine) VirtualBox or not and your computer's response to "inxi -G", if
you have the software package inxi installed in a Linux operating system
for the purpose of showing your computer's or "virtual "computer's"
"hardware".  From which repositories did you obtain the required software
packages for an rpmbuild command?  Did the command rpmbuild "accept"
package names similar to, but not exactly the same as the package names
between the parentheses of pkgconfig(...) output as "Failed build
dependencies" by "rpmbuild", for example gettext-tools in place of
gettext?  I especially mention gettext-tools and gettext because I don't
know of a repository which can supply a software package named exactly
gettext for an x86_64 "architecture" in Leap 15.3.