[packman] Looking for a co-ordination on https://code.opensuse.org/leap/features/issue/22

Lubos Kocman lubos.kocman at suse.com
Mon Aug 23 14:24:26 CEST 2021

Hello packman team,

openSUSE Release team would like to ask the community around packman
for inputs on one of Leap feature requests regarding multimedia
enablement. https://code.opensuse.org/leap/features/issue/22

This particular feature was created as an action item to the Leap 15.3
retro feedback regarding multimedia
https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:15.3/Retrospective#Multimedia

What we're looking for is an as-easy-as-possible multimedia codec-only
enablement on Leap (With respect to factory first / TW). Ideally one
click from the welcome dialog on the first boot experience

Our current recommendation is following https://en.opensuse.org/Codecs
If we could have somebody from the packman team active on the ticket
that would be perfect.

The scope of installation is currently the "regular" codecs that people
expect to be available while browsing the web and playing common
multimedia files.

Ideally, we'd like to utilize existing packman project efforts, since
the project is known to the community. However, we're open to any
suggestions.

Let's continue in the https://code.opensuse.org/leap/features/issue/22,
so all parties have a chance to participate in discussion.

Thank you very much in advance

Lubos Kocman
openSUSE Leap Release Manager