[packman] txt2pho from mbrola

Olaf Meltzer olaf.meltzer at gmx.de
Sun Aug 15 17:55:34 CEST 2021

Hello to all it may concern!

I was using the pipeline "txt2pho | mbrola | play" since years, but
stumbled into an issue with openSUSE Leap 15.3. Mbrola processes the
demo *.pho files correctly to playable *.wav. But when I try to process
any *.txt to *.pho via txt2pho and further via mbrola to *.wav I catch
the error message "PANIC, check your Pitch :-)".

Today I downloaded txt2pho sources from Github and compiled them to
binary's. When I use this txt2pho in my scripts  (configured to use the
files delivered from Github) instead of the "original" txt2pho from
Packman, everything sounds fine.

If anyone could have a look on it, please?

Sincerely -- Olaf Meltzer