[packman] Server Status i586 & x86_64 dead

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 17 07:55:34 CEST 2021

Hi munix9,

Am Freitag, den 16.04.2021, 13:02 +0200 schrieb munix9:
> The annoying human monitor reports again :-\
>
> Server Status i586 & x86_64 dead
>
> https://pmbs.links2linux.de/monitor
>
> thx

I have rebooted the server and extended the swap partition.

The schedulers died due to an OOM-condition. I am not really sure, where
that comes from, as the processes run smooth for an extended period of
time, and suddenly request RAM like mad. Probably a bug in the scheduler
software.

Unfortunately there is no (at least not known to me) possibility to
monitor the processes from checkmk, where I could build automation for
restarting the missing processes. Also, as all scheduler processes for
all architectures are started with one systemd service, systemd is not
able to watch the processes and possibly restart them.

At least at the moment I am not able to read mails during the day and
have to postpone any maintenance to the weekends.

Greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Botter zu Hause