[packman] PMBS hickup, was: Re: MakeMKV

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Wed Oct 14 12:52:27 CEST 2020

Hi Olaf, an all packmans,

Am Montag, den 12.10.2020, 20:09 +0200 schrieb Olaf Hering:
> Am Mon, 12 Oct 2020 19:34:18 +0200
> schrieb Grozdan <neutrino8 at gmail.com>:
>
> > I'm the maintainer of the MakeMKV package. Today I accidentally
> > deleted this project and am not able to add it again to Multimedia.
>
> PMBS is apparently slightly broken since a few days:

Yes, indeed. There was a problem with the network adapters of the
Synology DS620slim I am using as storage backend. Last Saturday around
5:08 a.m. CEST the network driver reported being stuck (RTL8168 - el
cheapo...). This lead to all my VMs being diskless.
I could revive them, but did not notice the problems my two OBS
instances were having.

> osc undelete -m undelete Multimedia MakeMKV
> Server returned an error: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request
> /srv/obs/events/lastevents: bad last line at
> /usr/lib/obs/server/BSFileDB.pm line 269.

The "lastevents" and "lastnotifications" files were corrupted, I have
fixed them.

Unfortunately the MakeMKV package seems to have been lost, an undelete
is not possible, although I can see the packages files still on disk.
I notice a rather new branch (8 days old) at
home:Aloysius:branches:Multimedia,
perhaps we can salvage the package from this branch?
Olaf, do you know what to do here?

If all fails, I can restore PMBS to the latest backup prior to the
problems, that would be sometime around Saturday, 02:38 a.m.
That would take a while to recover, as the backup is at home, and I have
only a 50MBit/s uplink ...

Greetings,

Stefan
--