[packman] [PM] ffmpeg-4 4.3.1-6.8 (openSUSE Tumbleweed/x86_64)

w.pelser w.pelser at web.de
Mon Oct 12 10:24:04 CEST 2020

Hallo packman-Team!

Last week I had to make up my openSUSE-Tumbleweed completely new because
brtfs-errors.

After installing ffmpeg-4 and all it´s sub packages especially *avutil*
+*avcodec* , firefox and vlc refuse to play videos.

The reason was a missing link from libavutil56 to libavutil56_51. and
others. The new version numbering with two numbers of ffmpeg-4 is not
detected properly by this programs and maybe by others too.

I use firefox from ...tar.bz2 originally from mozilla and self-build
vlc-beta-4.0.0. openSUSE has only a restricted ffmpeg-4 version, so
packman should be used.

Could you please add the described links (maybe for all of your ffmpeg-4
packages too), so that they can work in all cases.

Thanks

W.Pelser