[packman] HandbrakeCLI: SIGILL - handbrake-cli-1.3.2-1.1.x86_64 for openSUSE Tumbleweed

Walter Haidinger walter at nil-pferd.net
Sat May 23 15:32:39 CEST 2020

Hi!

When running HandBrakeCLI from handbrake-cli-1.3.2-1.1.x86_64.rpm
for the openSUSE Tumbleweed x86_64 distribution, I get a SIGILL.
I'm running this on my venerable AMD Phenom II x6 1100T.

Using the source-RPM I traced the issue to be the inclusion of the
-enable-qsv option which is pulled in via the mfx conditional.
Compiling without QSV support avoids the crash.

However, given that I run Tumbleweed, shouldn't that be _without_ mfx?

Snippet of the spec-file:

#%ifarch x86_64
#%if (0%{?sle_version} >= 150300 && 0%{?is_opensuse}) ||
0%{?suse_version} > 1500
%bcond_without  mfx
#endif
#endif

suse_version is set to 1550 on my system (I think because rpmbuild
--showrc lists "suse_version  1550"),
so the if should match forcing the bcond_without, right?

Or maybe there needs to be another condition checking for AMD processors
when deciding for QSV?

Walter