[packman] can't commit to pmbs

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Mon May 4 07:29:32 CEST 2020

Hi Luigi,

On Samstag, 2. Mai 2020 10:25:08 CEST Luigi Baldoni wrote:
:
> From the webui:
> Error while creating 'foo.changes' file:
> /srv/obs/events/lastnotifications: bad last line at
> /usr/lib/obs/server/BSFileDB.pm line 269..

Hm, yes, fsck...
This was the same error we had last time.
Later Thursday evening the initial error mode occurred again, this time
without Active Backup on the Synology. Early on Friday I restarted the
whole system again, but forgot to check PMBS.

Now fixed.

The problems with my Synology seem to originate from incompatibilities
between ESXi's (software) implementation of the iscsi client, and the
most probably crappy software implementation of the iscsi initiator on
the Synology. Reading through the Synology forum convinced me, not to
use iscsi with the Syno anymore.
I will migrate all machines to a slow temporary storage and set up the
main storage with NFS, and move everything back. I will try to do so
today and tomorrow, as I am in the office right now, and can respond
rather quickly, if problems arise again. Please expect some downtime, I
will notify you, when I have done moving everything back and forth.

Greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Botter zu Hause