[packman] PMBS is back up again

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 4 09:30:36 CET 2020

Hi all,

bad timing, indeed!

:
:
> >> I'm getting the "expired certificate error" and Firefox won't let
> >> me go ahead.
> >
> > bad timing... This is due to the fact that Letsencrypt revoked
> > several of the certificates issued for their clients. You find
> > details about it>
> > here for example:
> >    <https://www.cyberciti.biz/security/letsencrypt-is-revoking-certi
> >    ficates-on-march-4/>
> Welp! Bad timing indeed. Thanks for the link, it seems we just have to
> wait.

This case was much simpler, the certificate was net affected by the CAA
rechecking bug.
Updating the certificate simply failed on Mar 2nd - right during the
move. The setup until Monday was a little more complex than usual, as
PMBS was behind a proxy in a private network, and the certificate
"lived" on the proxy, where it has been updated alright. During
certificate update the renewed certificate would have been copied to
PMBS, and put into action there too - in the old setup just to my
benefit, but this failed, as PMBS was switched off during the move.

I have moved the actual certificate and the renew process to PMBS, so
during next renewal transition should be smooth.

Greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Botter zu Hause