[packman] Introduction

Maurizio Galli maurizio.galli at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 13:57:02 CET 2020

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 8:38 PM Malcolm <malcolmlewis at cableone.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 13:46:58 +0800
> Maurizio Galli <maurizio.galli at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi
> > > What should be done is use bcond's on the openSUSE version to get
> > > what your wanting, then a link is created on packman repository for
> > > it to rebuild where those bconds get activated, one package, one
> > > place to maintain....
> > >

> > Interesting, do you have an example of a package using a bcond with
> > Packman I could look at?
> Hi
> There are a number in the Essentials area which link back to openSUSE
> https://pmbs.links2linux.de/package/show/Essentials/A_15.1-gstreamer-plugins-libav
>
> This one has with/without conditions.
> https://pmbs.links2linux.de/package/view_file/Essentials/libx264/libx264.spec?expand=1

Thank you Malcolm,
I have a package that links to Factory in my home repo that links to
Factory: https://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/show/home:mauriziogalli/discord

I will submit to the appropriate place in Packman once Factory accepts
it. What would be the best place to have such package? I wanna say
Games since it's an application mostly used by gamers.

Best,
Maurizio Galli (MauG)