[packman] Is it possible to have a packman version for Tumbleweed for the Raspberry Pi 3/4 (aarch64)?

Dave Plater davejplater at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 14:29:16 CET 2020

On 12/2/20, Olaf Hering <olaf at aepfle.de> wrote:
> Am Tue, 1 Dec 2020 10:56:20 +0100 (CET)
> schrieb Guillaume GARDET <guillaume.gardet at free.fr>:
>
>> Any objections?
>
> The publisher may need adjustments, perhaps it has a fixed list of
> architectures.
>
> It also means all 'openSUSE_Factory_ARM' *.repo files out there become
> invalid. The published directory may stay on the mirrors, unless someone
> removes it manually and the mirrors pickup this change.
>
> A number of pkg's may need adjustment in case they have special handling for
> a 'openSUSE_Factory_ARM' repository, but not for 'openSUSE_Tumbleweed' or
> 'arch='. Each one should probably be reevaluated if such knob is still
> justified.
>
> Olaf

I also had this problem with Factory on a raspberry pi but it seems
that there isn't a problem anymore. I chose Tumbleweed because it had
more built packages and used the same repository definition that I use
for my x86_64 computer. I was able to install the ffmpeg-4 libs which
is all I needed anyway.
The repository definition is:
http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/

Regards