[packman] broadcom-wl

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Thu Apr 16 14:00:15 CEST 2020

Hi there,

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020, 11:33:12 +0200, Michael Rieß wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a problem with
> broadcom-wl and kernel 5.6
>
> it is stuck at k5.5.13 with openSUSE Factory
> which isnt available anymore in openSUSE repos
>
> http://packman.links2linux.de/package/broadcom-wl
>
> maybe i missed something and it isnt needed anymore with kernel 5.6
> if(yes): please give me a hint, how to do this

I used to build my own set of broadcom-wl driver packages in OBS, but
since I don't have the hardware anymore, for which it was needed, I
stopped building it.  FWIW, I have just re-activated the builds for Leap
15.1 and 15.2 which both succeeded. The builds for TW based on
Kernel:stable and TW based on Kernel:HEAD both failed. I'll try to fix
the build issues, but, as I wrote before, I cannot test. If you want to
test them, please monitor and report back:

  https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:manfred-h/broadcom-wl

> thanks
>
> --
> Michael Riess