[packman] vlc-codecs for openSUSE Leap 15.0 is broken

Wolfgang Bauer wbauer at tmo.at
Thu Mar 7 12:10:24 CET 2019

Am Freitag, 1. März 2019, 17:47:35 schrieb Ron Terry:
> It appears that the vlc-codecs package for openSUSE Leap 15.0 has an
> unresolvable dependency. It is requiring libx264.so.152 however the only
> available version in the repo is libx264.so.155. Can we get an updated
> build of vlc that works with the newer x264 codec versions in the repo?

Should be fixed meanwhile.

But for some reason, the updated vlc packages are actually "downgrades"
currently, they're at version 3.0.2-lp150.3.5.1 now while before it was 3.0.2-
lp150.3.6.
So you may need to reinstall them manually. E.g. mark the package(s) in YaST-
>Software Management and choose "Update Unconditionally", or run "sudo zypper
in -f vlc vlc-codecs" and allow the downgrades (maybe add vlc-codec-gstreamer,
vlc-vdpau and vlc-lang too if you have any of those installed, but it probably
wouldn't matter much anyway).

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang