[packman] Updates for x265 and libx264 (now support 10/12 bit color depths)

Antonio Larrosa antonio.larrosa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 23:15:24 CET 2019

Hello,

I've updated libx264 to a recent snapshot which now supports 10-bit output.
I've also changed the way x265 is built to include support for 8, 10 and 12
bit color depths.

The changes in x265 can be checked by running:

> x265 -V
x265 [info]: HEVC encoder version 3.0
x265 [info]: build info [Linux][GCC 8.2.1][64 bit] 8bit+10bit+12bit
x265 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast LZCNT SSSE3 SSE4.2 AVX
FMA3 BMI2 AVX2

Note the "8bit+10bit+12bit" text in the output.

This allows ffmpeg to generate 10 and 12 bit video files (with -pix_fmt
yuv420p10le and -pix_fmt yuv420p12le respectively).

The SRs are:

https://pmbs.links2linux.de/request/show/4371
https://pmbs.links2linux.de/request/show/4373

I asked on IRC if I needed to do anything else (these are my first SRs in
packman) and got mixed responses . One person said that I should wait a few
days (maybe even weeks) for a review and another person said that I better
send a mail to the mailing list in order to raise awareness about these SRs
and be sure the maintainers of those packagers notice. So please, consider
this mail as just a notification that those SRs are available for review,
just to be sure there are active maintainers around.

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa