[packman] [opensuse-buildservice] broken builds due to "interconnect error: rpc timeout" with PMBS

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Sat Dec 28 17:52:25 CET 2019

On Saturday, December 28, 2019 2:08:22 AM CET Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Do you build any packages on your private OBS, that are linked to PMBS
> packages?
>
> A typical package link looks like this:
>
> link project="Packman:Essentials" package="dcatools">
> <patches/>
> </link>

Of course (!) I did not have any dependency to PMBS anymore.
dcatools builds fine in both my instances now, but now I see the same
errors you describe.

The instance directly beside PMBS does not go through the reverse proxy,
there I see
====
response from watcher for https://pmbs-api.links2linux.de/public
502 remote error: remote error  Proxy Error
retrying in 60 seconds
====
whereas the distant instance shows
====
response from watcher for https://pmbs-api.links2linux.de/public
400 remote error: document element must be 'events', was 'html'
retrying in 60 seconds
====
The difference must be introduced by the reverse proxy, and this I have
to tackle later.

So it is PMBS after all.

I checked all config files for changes not included through updates, but
this did not change the behavior.
I have errors in /srv/www/obs/api/logs/apache_error_log like:
====
[Sat Dec 28 17:44:35.544278 2019] [proxy_http:error] [pid 10616]
   (70007)The timeout specified has expired: [client
   192.168.22.250:49076] AH01102: error reading status line from remote
   server localhost:5352
[Sat Dec 28 17:44:35.544307 2019] [proxy:error] [pid 10616] [client
   192.168.22.250:49076] AH00898: Error reading from remote server
   returned by /error/HTTP_BAD_GATEWAY.html.var
====
I do not know, where this comes from, as the src_server on 5352 is alive
and serves requests, and I do not know, where possible access
restrictions are configured.

I will take this to opensuse-buildservice (tomorrow - I have to run
now).

Greetings,

Stefan
--