[packman] [opensuse-buildservice] broken builds due to "interconnect error: rpc timeout" with PMBS

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Wed Dec 25 18:40:21 CET 2019

[A request on the OBS ML kept unanswered for two days, hence trying my luck
here..]

Hi,

I stumbled across broken builds in a local OBS due to "interconnect error: rpc
timeout" for packages, that link to PMBS.

PMBS is setup as:

<project name="Packman">
  <title>Packman Build Service PMBS</title>
  <description>This instance can be used to access resources from Packman.</
description>
  <remoteurl>https://pmbs-api.links2linux.de/public</remoteurl>
</project>

My OBS itself is fully updated from OBS:/Server:/2.10/openSUSE_15.1.

The magic spell, that comes closest to mitigate the issue *ought* to be:

    obs_admin --recheck-dod https://pmbs-api.links2linux.de

or

    obs_admin --recheck-dod https://pmbs-api.links2linux.de/public

but even after creating the missing /srv/obs/dods directory, things still
misbehave.

Is this a PMBS issue, a local configuration issue, or something completely
different?!?

Thanks and merry Christmas,
Pete