[packman] kdenlive package 19.08 for Leap 15.0 is broken

Dave Plater davejplater at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 10:46:12 CEST 2019

On 8/23/19, Jean B <jeanbarloy at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just wanted to let you know that the kdenlive package (19.08) for Leap
> 15.0 is broken. The program is starting but it does not behave normally.
> It's impossible to cut a video, the clips disappear completely from the
> timeline or jump all over the place, and so on. It's unusable. I'm now using
> the appimage from the official website: kdenlive-19.08.0a-x86_64.appimage
> and everything works normally.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Jean

The current Tumbleweed kdenlive-19.08 doesn't build for Leaps 15.0 and
15.1 due to a missing dependency. I would recommend that you use the
official Leap version 18.12.3 or if you try a zypper dup from Packman
to ensure you have the correct libraries. The appimage includes all of
the dependencies in the package, that's why it uses so much space.
Best regards
Dave