[packman] flowblade on OpenSUSE Leap 15 crash on start-up

Ralf Nachtsheim ralf at nachtsheim1.de
Tue Jun 19 20:04:17 CEST 2018

On Wed, 30 May 2018 08:15:50 +0200
Philipp Thomas <pth at suse.de> wrote:

> Hi Ralf,
>
> * Ralf Nachtsheim (ralf at nachtsheim1.de) [20180529 11:54]:
>
> > I found no package for flowblade-debuginfo  (flowblade is a
> > python-script).
>
> I didn't know it is a python script
>
> > Hope this is what you wanted.
> Yes, that's what I meant.
>
> /lib64/libpthread.so.0
> /usr/lib64/libX11.so.6
> /usr/lib64/libcairo.so.2
> /usr/lib64/libpangocairo-1.0.so.0
> /usr/lib64/libgtk-3.so.0
> /usr/lib64/libgobject-2.0.so.0
> /usr/lib64/libgdk-3.so.0
> /usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0
> /usr/lib64/libffi.so.7
> /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gi/_gi.so
> /usr/lib64/libpython2.7.so.1.0
> /lib64/libc.so.6
> /usr/bin/python
>
> These are the binaries you should install debuginfo for. Find out via
> 'rpm -qf' which package they belong to, install the corresponding
> -debuginfo package and do the catchsegv run again. This should give
> much better info. Where is the flowblade package from? I'd send the
> packager an email describing the problem and attach that improved
> catchsegv log.\
>
> Philipp

Dear Philipp,

sorry, was busy - but I have done it finally.

First I have done it again, because since last time some reguarly
updates made via package manager.

'catchsegv flowblade > traces.txt'

I found only a few "devel" packages - hope that is what you meant with
"-debuginfo".

I started again as root

'catchsegv flowblade > traces.txt2'

I have attached both files, size of files is more or less the same.

Package is from:
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/flowblade

valhalla:/home/ralf # rpm -qf /usr/bin/flowblade
flowblade-1.16-lp150.1.1.noarch

best regards

Ralf