[packman] ffmpeg-4 is unresolvable for Leap 42.3

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Sun Aug 19 12:09:58 CEST 2018

Moin,

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018, 14:44:07 +0200, Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 15. August 2018, 14:09:01 schrieb Manfred Hollstein:
> > agreed, and it's probably actually caused by the typo Oliver mentioned
> > in his message:
> >
> >   <http://lists.links2linux.de/pipermail/packman/2018-July/015701.html>
> >

> I think the mentioned typo is just that the package is called ffmpeg-4, not
> ffmpeg4 ...

nevertheless... Now that I have my PMBS account, I did the following:

  0. Copy the project config from Essentials to my home project
  1. Branch openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Leap:42.3:Update package ffmpeg-4
     to my local package A_42.3-ffmpeg-4
  2. Build the package for all four architectures (aarch64, armv7l,
     i586, x86_64)

The ARM variants are not finished yet, i586 is unresolvable (nothing
provides pkgconfig(vidstab) >= 0.98), but x86_64 build succeeded and the
packages work as expected.

As a result, Firefox can play back MP4 files again now ;)

The important step was step 0 above as it defines a lot of settings
which are needed for the Packman builds...

So, someone would have to remove the Essentials/A_42.3-ffmpeg-4 package
and re-create it again; I would, but I am not allowed as a normal build
user.

HTH, cheers.

l8er
manfred