[packman] xlocale.h problems in kodi.binary-addons (was: Re: Kodi 17.4 - any chance to submit it to Multimedia?)

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Fri Sep 29 08:07:28 CEST 2017

Hi David,

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017, 09:16:06 +0200, Dave Plater wrote:
> On 9/26/17, Manfred Hollstein <manfred.h at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hi Sagi,
> >
> > do you have an update on this issue? AFAICS, the xlocale.h issue still
> > seems to be in error.
> >
> > TIA, cheers.
> >
> > l8er
> > manfred
> >
> > On Wed, 06 Sep 2017, 08:57:30 +0200, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
> >> Moin,

> >> the issue appears to happen because the include file xlocale.h has been
> >> removed from the latest glibc release. There was a discussion about this
> >> on the opensuse-factory mailing list where Dave Plater described the
> >> problem, his findings and a solution in the end. Perhaps reading the
> >> thread at
> >>
> >>   <https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2017-08/msg00551.html>
> >>
> >> helps with your problem, too.
> >
> I just had a quick look and the xlocale.h issue is easily solved by
> adding -DXLOCALE_NOT_USED=1 as stated in Locale.hh but although this
> doesn't affect the 42.2/3 build there are more errors to be fixed,
> possibly gcc7 errors. Needs to be done by someone who knows the build.

I'm not sure about any gcc7 errors, because the only "error:" shown in
the build log is this:

  In file included from
  /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/xbmc-17.4-Krypton/project/cmake/addons/build/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver/src/lib/live555/liveMedia/Locale.cpp:22:0:
  /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/xbmc-17.4-Krypton/project/cmake/addons/build/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver/src/lib/live555/liveMedia/include/Locale.hh:47:10: fatal error: xlocale.h: No such file or directory

It may be there once this is fixed there will be more errors, but so far
I cannot see that his is gcc7 related.

> Dave Plater

Cheers.

l8er