[packman] upgrade from 42.1 to 42.3 broke VLC and SMplayer

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 27 10:33:34 CEST 2017

Rob McCathie composed on 2017-09-15 16:11 (UTC+1000):

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> My $HOME is seriously old, at least 8 years. SMPlayer I fixed by simply deleting
>> the content of ~/.config/smplayer. :-) No such luck with ~/.config/vlc. :-(

> In VLC if you go to Tools->Preferences->Videos and disable GPU assisted
> decoding by unchecking "Accelerated video output (Overlay)" and changing
> "Output" from "Automatic" to "OpenGL GLX video output" and then closing
> and re-opening VLC, does it help the situation with your DVB streams?
Disabling GPU assisted didn't help. Selecting also openGL GLX video instead of
automatic did fix it.
http://fm.no-ip.com/Share/snoopdancin.jpg

> What GPU do you have and what driver do you use?

# inxi -G -c0
Graphics:  Card: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller
	Display Server: X.Org 1.18.3 drivers: modesetting (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
	Resolution: 1920x1200 at 59.95hz
	GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Haswell Desktop GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 17.0.5

> Also you can get more detailed info out of vlc by running it from a
> terminal with the -vvv parameter:
> $ vlc -vvv
>
> See what messages appear as you start playing one the videos.
Lots. Do you wish to see any now that it's working OK?

Thanks to you and Hans-Peter both. :-)

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/