[packman] Kodi doesn't play videos with latest ffmpeg

Peter Snauwaert peter.snauwaert at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 13:25:12 CET 2017

HI Sagi,

Just tried and get this:
 rpm -Uvh kodi-17.6-151.1.x86_64.rpm
warning: kodi-17.6-151.1.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID
53ab3a53: NOKEY
error: Failed dependencies:
        libva-x11.so.1()(64bit) is needed by kodi-17.6-151.1.x86_64
        libva.so.1()(64bit) is needed by kodi-17.6-151.1.x86_64
        libva.so.1(VA_API_0.33.0)(64bit) is needed by kodi-17.6-151.1.x86_64

Not sure what the problem is since I have
S | Name                             |
Summary                                                   | Type
--+----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------+--------
i | Mesa-libva                       | Mesa VA-API
implementation                                | package
i | libva-devel                      | Development files for the Video
Acceleration API          | package
  | libva-devel-32bit                | Development files for the Video
Acceleration API          | package
i | libva-drm2                       | DRM backend for the Video
Acceleration API                | package
  | libva-drm2-32bit                 | DRM backend for the Video
Acceleration API                | package
i | libva-gl-devel                   | Development files for the Video
Acceleration API          | package
  | libva-gl-devel-32bit             | Development files for the Video
Acceleration API          | package
i | libva-glx2                       | GLX backend for the Video
Acceleration API                | package
  | libva-glx2-32bit                 | GLX backend for the Video
Acceleration API                | package
  | libva-utils                      | A collection of utilities and
examples to exercise VA-API | package
  | libva-vdpau-driver               | HW video decode support for VDPAU
platforms               | package
i | libva-wayland2                   | Wayland backend for the Video
Acceleration API            | package
  | libva-wayland2-32bit             | Wayland backend for the Video
Acceleration API            | package
i | libva-x11-2                      | X11 backend for the Video
Acceleration API                | package
  | libva-x11-2-32bit                | X11 backend for the Video
Acceleration API                | package
i | libva2                           | Video Acceleration
API                                    | package
  | libva2-32bit                     | Video Acceleration
API                                    | package

With zypper this is the output.

zypper install /tmp/kodi-17.6-151.1.x86_64.rpm
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

Problem: nothing provides libva-x11.so.1()(64bit) needed by
kodi-17.6-151.1.x86_64
 Solution 1: do not install kodi-17.6-151.1.x86_64
 Solution 2: break kodi-17.6-151.1.x86_64 by ignoring some of its
dependencies

Kind regards,
peter