[packman] Kodi doesn't play videos with latest ffmpeg

Dave Plater davejplater at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 13:17:39 CET 2017

Kodi is made to build with it's internal (from github.com/xbmc/FFmpeg)
ffmpeg until kodi 1.8x is released which has been rewritten to build
with ffmpeg 3.4.
It already builds with "internal" libdvdcss, libdvdnav and libdvdread.
These have become a problem since the internal ffmpeg build. These
libs are statically linked.
See the bug references at the beginning of this thread.
Dave