[packman] npapi-vlc plugin

Wolfgang Bauer e9325712 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 22 14:50:50 CET 2017

Am Mittwoch, 22. März 2017, 12:39:07 CET schrieb Markus Kohm:
> Am Mittwoch, 22. März 2017, 11:14:51 CET schrieb Luigi Baldoni:
> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but only konqueror and firefox ESR still run
> > NPAPi plugins, right?
>
> AFAIK firefox 52 does support NPAPI only for flash.

That's true, but Firefox 52 ESR does support all npapi plugins.

Also, *all* WebKit based browsers support them AFAIK, i.e. not only Konqueror
but also at least rekonq and Epiphany.
(and there are thoughts to switch to 52 ESR in Leap, because the normal
versions will drop GTK2 support soon too and will need additional build
requirements not available in Leap yet, as I read)

I have no opinion on whether to keep or drop the vlc plugin though, I never
used it myself.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang