[packman] [multimedia] no cinelerra packaged

Martin Herkt lachs0r at srsfckn.biz
Tue Jun 6 01:47:37 CEST 2017

On 2017 M06 6, Tue 01:05:21 CEST Felix Miata wrote:
> Martin Herkt composed on 2017-06-05 23:12 (UTC+0200):
>
> I did a bit better with
> http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=using:quickstart
> On 42.1 I tried avidemux-qt 2.5.6 after I sent my OP. It seems it might work
> if I could figure out why I can only get sound out of the internal PC
> speaker that the mixer can't make loud enough to be useful. So I tried
> 2.5.6 on 42.2. VLC in 42.2 works on the files I tried in Avidemux on 42.1,
> but in 42.2, 2.5.6 always produces a popup error:
>
> "File Error:
> EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE does
> not exist."

Ouch. That sounds like what would happen when the executable is linked with
the wrong library versions.

> Blender is another heavyweight, 116MB to install even after Kdenlive and all
> the others with all their deps. It showed up in the graphics menu instead
> of multimedia.

Well, it does much more than just video editing, but it’s also pretty good at
that.

> Everything in its UI is too tiny to be usable, apparently
> glued to 96 DPI and assuming the user can read or even see 10px or smaller
> text, so I've removed it and its 11 deps.

It does have a DPI setting though. See “System” page in the preferences
window.

As for determining the cutting points to use with mvktoolnix or ffmpeg:
Simply use a media player, e.g. mpv would work.