[packman] [PM] vlc 2.2.4-34.1 (openSUSE_Leap 42.1/x86_64)

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Fri Jan 13 07:37:06 CET 2017

On Thu, Jan 12, Christopher Gaul wrote:

> No I do not use zypper dup for updates. I only use that when I'm doing a
> planned distro update.

Its usually safe to run 'zypper dup', even with a repo list like yours.
If packages are provided by more than one repo it might be challenging.
Using repo priorities does usually help to get this right.

Please try to switch to packman, either with yast or with 'zypper dup
--from ftp.gwdg.de-suse' and see which packages will be replaced. The
games repo for example also publishes ffmpeg for no reason. It has to
use the distro provided variant. But without knowning what 'dup' wants
to replace its hard to tell what the culprit might be.

Olaf