[packman] Kodi 16 but addons in 17

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Thu Feb 23 14:49:15 CET 2017

Hi Stefan,

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017, 14:29:38 +0100, Stefan Botter wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 12:43:32 +0100
> Manfred Hollstein <manfred.h at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > On Tue, 21 Feb 2017, 16:41:22 +0100, Andrei Dziahel wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Kodi 17 depends on libcec 4.0+ which is on the way in Factory:
> > > https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/459110
> >
> > all kodi builds in pmbs are still in the status "unresolvable". When
> > will there be an _installable_ version of Kodi 17 available? And, how
> > are non Factory/Tumbleweed users supposed to get libcec 4.0+ for their
> > distribution (openSUSE Leap 42.1 and/or 42.2)?
> >
> > The current situation with incompatible kodi-16 and
> > kodi.binary-addons-pvr.*-17 packages is not really usefull for
> > installing new systems or upgrading older ones...
>
> There will be a libcec version 4 for all currently built openSUSE
> versions in Packman, once the submit request of the libcec 4 in
> openSUSE.org's Factory will be accepted.
> Out libcec is a link to factory (appartently since a week or so, rather
> than a own-supplied version).

thanks for you explanation! I just added a comment to tbe OBS request
asking when we can expect the request to be accepted. I'd urge everybody
interested in kodi-17 here to add a similar comment ;)

> These dependencies are unfortunate, and obviously the prize for "moving
> everything to OBS" and have Packman be merely a detached build host and
> distribution place for packages Suse does not dare to provide
> themselves.

Yes, it's always the good old ways (tm) ;)

> Greetings,
>
> Stefan

Cheers (and greetings to Bremen - I lived there myself quite some time
ago).

l8er
manfred