[packman] dependencies of packman subpackages from same build

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Tue Feb 14 17:59:22 CET 2017

On Tue, Feb 07, Pascal Bleser wrote:

> Until zypper implements that behavior (which sounds like a very good
> idea to me), which won't be available until the next Leap to most
> users anyhow, the best approach is probably to do hard requires with
> version+release.

After reaching out to zypp-devel it seems libzypp has the info about
vendor:src.rpm in the repo data, but it does not make use of it.

I have modified the ffmpeg-2.8 and ffmpeg-3.2 packages and added
hardcoded Requires, which covers SLE_12 and 42.1.

> Another approach would be a pattern or an empty package
> ("packman-ffmpeg") that just pulls everything of libav*/ffmpeg in with
> hard requires -- that might sound crude but in the end, it is what
> everyone wants if they add the Packman repos and want to install the
> ffmpeg that's in there.

How would that solve the interdependency issue? There is no easy way to
refer to the packman build of a package. If the affected packages have
to be touched anyway its probably easier to go with the hardcoding of
Provides/Requires. Also its not so much about ffmpeg itself, but the
libraries it provides to other packages.

Olaf