[packman] Please update youtube-dl

Mathias Homann Mathias.Homann at opensuse.org
Fri Feb 10 12:32:10 CET 2017

Am Freitag, 10. Februar 2017, 11:37:52 CET schrieb Olaf Hering:
> On Thu, Jul 21, Mathias Homann wrote:
> > Automated rebuilds are working again. the package will not be deleted,
> > since it is usually several versions ahead of the one on OBS.
>
> To reduce the overlap between OBS and Packman in the openSUSE_Tumbleweed
> repo I suggest to provide youtube-dl only for Leap and SLE_12.
> Appearently the Factory version is updated regulary. Will anything break
> if Tumbleweed is a few days behind?
>

> Olaf

It depends on how much one "needs" youtube-dl. Video portals change all the
time, so youtube-dl gets updated sometimes more than once per day... if a build
is "a few days" behind it could actually just cease to work at all, in which
case thr users should install from source and run youtube-dl -U manually
anyways.

Cheers
MH

--
gpg key fingerprint: 5F64 4C92 9B77 DE37 D184  C5F9 B013 44E7 27BD 763C