[packman] PMBS update step one finished

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Mon Apr 10 09:21:29 CEST 2017

On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 21:19:14 +0200
Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 09.04.2017 um 19:58 schrieb Stefan Botter:
> > Now PMBS is running again, but is still on openSUSE Leap 42.1 with
> > obs 2.7.4, which mandates another down time to update to 2.8 and
> > openSUSE Leap 42.2.
>
> Is 2.8 even released already?
> Are there pressing reasons (new features?) that would make unstable,
> untested 2.8 seem more attractive than known working 2.7.x?

Depends, on whom you ask, the OBS guys will tell you, that they are
working with 2.8 for ages ;-)
Has been released just Friday.
But yes, there is a pressing reason: have a look at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/OBS:/Server:/
and see, for which distributions there is a 2.7, and a 2.8.
And then remember, that 42.1 is end-of-life mid-May.

> I'm not trying to tell you how to spend your free time, but I think
> most contributors will be happy to have 2.7 features and not miss
> anything from 2.8 ;-)

:-)

Greetings,

Stefan