[packman] mpv _disabled_ (amongst other packages) in pmbs for openSUSE_Leap_42.2

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Wed Nov 16 17:18:14 CET 2016

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016, 16:41:32 +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
> Am 16. November 2016 16:15:40 MEZ, schrieb Manfred Hollstein <manfred.h at gmx.net>:
> >Is this what you have/had in mind?
>
> Why would the ordinary user have the devel project enabled? There are likely pkgs which are not in Leap or PMBS. But there is no way around it if the repos have overlapping packages.

hmm, which devel project? If multimedia:apps (maybe multimedia:libs is
sufficient, but a current version of "mpv" is only available in :apps)
is a devel project, then I think (not proven yet), it's still necessary
for a lot of applications from Packman. Last time I faced this issue in
Tumbleweed, at least, Handbrake, winff and probabably others were
affected.

If you believe, m:a is not needed, what's the suggested proposal then?

> Olaf

Cheers.

l8er
manfred