[packman] Kodi vs. ffmpeg 2.8

Hendrik Vogelsang hvogel at hennevogel.de
Wed Mar 2 11:47:55 CET 2016

Hey,

sorry for the late answer, I was sick in bed...

On 29.02.2016 08:00, Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 28, Hendrik Vogelsang wrote:
>
>> this seems to be a bad combination as it leads to crashes in libavformat in
>> av_opt_next whenever something tries to play sounds.
>
> I think the bug is that kodi links against  ffmpeg-2.8 and libX. And
> libX in turn links either against ffmpeg-3 or another libY which links
> against ffmpeg-3.

I doubt that as simply building against ffmpeg-2.8[1] is avoiding the crash.

 > I will see what I find. Did that error occour just
> this weekend, or did it already happen during last week?

I've noticed it on the weekend but it could have happened earlier
because I don't necessarily restart kodi with every package update...

Henne

[1] https://pmbs.links2linux.org/project/show/home:hennevogel:kodi
--
Henne Vogelsang