[packman] Packman for Tumbleweed

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Mon Jun 20 17:17:49 CEST 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, Dave Plater wrote:

> So we can safely delete the other gstreamer packages or are there
> packages that will get broken as a result?

A few packages which are linked in but have no BUILD_ORIG or other knobs
can be excluded from openSUSE_Tumbleweed. Looks like all _linked
gstreamer packages (except -bad and -ugly), chromaprint and very few
others are affected. I have done that already for 42.2.

Some packages have now a hard requirement for ffmpeg3. I think today one
can live without MPlayer and xine-lib. There are likely elegant ways to
let such packages pick the available ffmpeg variant.

Olaf