[packman] freshplayer plugin not working in Leap 42.1

Chun Yu Charlie CHAN 10014705 at life.hkbu.edu.hk
Fri Jun 17 05:34:00 CEST 2016

Hi.

I am not sure whether I should post here or not, since not only the
Packman package mentioned in the subject has this issue, but also the
one in official repository.

I installed freshplayer plugin from Packman with Chromium pepper flash
installed, then relaunched Firefox. In the about:plugins page I could
not find an entry stating that Flash is enabled in the browser.

At the same time I have an Arch Linux system installed, with a
functioning freshplayer plugin. I copy the .so wrapper from the
system, removed the package from my openSUSE system, and put the .so
from Arch Linux into it. Everything works fine, the about:plugins page
in Firefox is just able to detect the installed Chromium pepper.

Does anyone have the same problem as well? Is it a bug from
Packman/OpenSUSE packages?

Regards,
Charlie