[packman] What is the status of Packman for/on current Tumbleweed?

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Sun Jul 31 16:25:34 CEST 2016

On Sun, 31 Jul 2016, 16:10:49 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> El 2016-07-31 a las 15:43 +0200, Carlos E. R. escribió:

> >> Thanks, Carlos, I use that since shortly after you described it ;)
> >>
> >> The actual reason is kodi is now failing to build using gcc6.
> >
> > Oh, I see.
>
> I have a doubt. With this option, I thought that zypper would not change
> the packman packages to the oss ones if there are no update path within
> packman :-?

It appears that a *lot* packages are no longer available from Packman.
E.g. gstreamer, only the bad and ugly plugins are there at the moment.
Also, ffmpeg-3.1 does no longer exist in Packman.

So it looks like (a) packages permanently moved to oS:m:l and one would
have to use oS:m:l in addition the repos we used to have, or (b)
something is really broken in Packman for Tumbleweed.

Cheers.

l8er
manfred