[packman] Please update youtube-dl

Mathias Homann Mathias.Homann at opensuse.org
Thu Jul 21 09:20:56 CEST 2016

Am Mittwoch 20 Juli 2016, 19:54:06 schrieb Jimmy Berry:
> The package is available from network:utilities (and
> openSUSE:Factory). Perhaps the packman version should be removed. I
> switching mine to the factory version and all seems well.
>
> Looking at the specs, there does not seem to be a difference that
> would justify keeping the packman version.
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/network:utilities/youtube-dl
>
> I created an SR requesting it's deletion so folks with naturally use
> the Factory version.
>
> https://pmbs.links2linux.de/request/show/2822
>
> Otherwise, if there is a reason feel free to deny it.

the youtube-dl package on OBS gets manually updated whenever their maintainer
feels like it. Seeing how there is support for new video sites added almost
weekly that just does not cut it.

I had the package on PMBS get updated automatically when necessary, but they
have changed the website layout upstream, so right now that does not work
anymore. I'll see what I can do to get that back to work before deleting the
package.