[packman] LMMS and Carla

Edgar Aichinger edogawa at aon.at
Wed Jan 27 09:35:12 CET 2016

Hello again,

sorrry for the long delay, but this whole matter turned out to be a bit more complicated than I estimated.

I've modified LMMS in OBS multimedia:apps which the packman version links to. The dependency on Carla is wrapped inside a build conditional now, and this worked well for my working branch which was deleted automatically when the submit request got accepted in mm:apps.

Also carla (and a recent version of linuxsampler as its dependency)is in mm:apps now, and libgig as dep for linuxsampler in mm:libs.

What's missing to make  the Carla plugins available in PMBS LMMS:

 - set the _with_carla variable in mm:apps prjconf. If Olaf Hering or anyone with maintainer permissions for multimedia project could do that, it would be great.
- update the linked package in PMBS and also set the with_carla variable in Projects/Multimedia

Finally, a bit unrelated to this LMMS issue, but as suggested by Olaf in a comment in one of my requests, the packman linuxsampler package could/should also be linked to the version in OBS mm:apps.

I hope someone can take care of these things soon!

Thanks, Edgar