[packman] [openSUSE Leap] vlc-noX needs rebuilding due to libmatroska6 update

Rob McCathie korrode at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 08:24:26 CET 2016

On 20/01/16 01:28, Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, Rob McCathie wrote:
>
>> "vlc-noX-2.2.1-305.1.x86_64 requires libmatroska.so.6(V_1.4.1)(64bit), but
>> this requirement cannot be provided"
> This is an old variant. I think 'zypper dup' is required to replace
> old version 2.2.1-305.1 with the current version 2.2.1-131.3.
>
> Olaf

Indeed "zypper dup --from packman" has 'downgraded' the vlc packages to
the actual current ones and now everything's fine.

This is just feedback, please don't take it as me being non-appreciative
of the work Packman repo maintainers do, but i would suggest trying to
avoid issues like this (lower versioning of new packages, etc.) in
future. I would like to able to offer openSUSE Leap with Packman on
systems i provide, but i need to be confident that the GUI updater is
going to 'just work', and not require this type of manual intervention.

Again, just feedback, if using the Packman repo comes with an
expectation that the user will be able to handle some manual
intervention now and then, fair enough and so be it, i'll figure out
something else for my purposes.

--
Regards,

Rob McCathie