[packman] [openSUSE Leap] vlc-noX needs rebuilding due to libmatroska6 update

Rob McCathie korrode at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 14:49:36 CET 2016

On 20/01/16 00:31, Jörg Lorenzen wrote:
> Am 2016-01-19 13:42, schrieb Rob McCathie:
>> Hi Packman list,
>>
>> I'm on openSUSE Leap, using the Packman repo. Recently an update came
>> into the Leap repo for libmatroska6, but the update is being prevented
>> due to vlc-noX (vlc dependency) from Packman requiring the older
>> version.
>> vlc-noX needs a rebuild against the new libmatroska6.
> Hi,
>
> are you sure that you are using current version from Packman?
> Packman Version of vlc was rebuild some days ago and vlc-noX requires
> libmatroska.so.6,
> you can see it here:
>
> https://pmbs.links2linux.de/package/binary/Essentials/vlc?arch=x86_64&filename=vlc-noX-2.2.1-131.3.x86_64.rpm&repository=openSUSE_Leap_42.1
>

> Greetings,
> Jörg

This is the exact message i'm getting:

"vlc-noX-2.2.1-305.1.x86_64 requires libmatroska.so.6(V_1.4.1)(64bit),
but this requirement cannot be provided"

It looks to me like the vlc-noX package requires specifically v1.4.1 of
libmatroska.so.6.
The update from openSUSE repo is to update to v1.4.4.

According to Olaf's email a couple of minutes before yours, it's just a
matter of time and it'll get addressed.

--
Regards,

Rob McCathie