[packman] Kodi vs. ffmpeg 2.8

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Mon Feb 29 09:32:38 CET 2016

On Mon, Feb 29, Olaf Hering wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 28, Hendrik Vogelsang wrote:
>
> > this seems to be a bad combination as it leads to crashes in libavformat in
> > av_opt_next whenever something tries to play sounds.
>
> I think the bug is that kodi links against  ffmpeg-2.8 and libX. And
> libX in turn links either against ffmpeg-3 or another libY which links
> against ffmpeg-3. I will see what I find. Did that error occour just
> this weekend, or did it already happen during last week?

Current kodi-15.2-6 and its dependencies link against ffmpeg-2.8.
Is there perhaps a mix of OBS and PMBS packages? Unfortunately with the
new ffmpeg-2.8 pkg the CI_CNT of the ffmpeg libs dropped from 55 to 1.
This breaks 'zypper dup'. Looks like the only way around is a few dozen
dummy commits in ffmpeg-2.8 to bump the CI_CNT to increase the
version-release number.

Olaf