[packman] retiring 11.4 in packman

Carlos E.R. cerobinson at ieee.org
Fri Feb 19 15:03:04 CET 2016

On 02/19/2016 01:54 PM, koko@ wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 09:34:43 +0100
> Olaf Hering <> wrote:
>
>> 11.4 is EOL in OBS.
>>
> i dont see any announce for this? could you provide url
> link regarding this subject? if there no announcement
> please dont drop support for it.

<http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-announce/2014-09/msg00002.html>

However, as I mentioned on another post, there are still some updates
done. For instance, the glibc security issue was patched today. The
situation was clarified in this post by the maintainer:

+++···········
NOBODY monitors 11.4 packages for security issues anymore. Some people
might still submit single pieces but 11.4 has to be taken as vulnerable
by default meanwhile. This is the big difference betweenn "accepting
contributions" and "someone is actively checking every publically
announced security issue and checks if 11.4 is affected and eventually
fixes it".

<http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2015-11/msg00426.html>

--
Cheers,