[packman] retiring 11.4 in packman

Carlos E.R. cerobinson at ieee.org
Fri Feb 19 13:13:55 CET 2016

On 02/19/2016 10:19 AM, Stefan Botter wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 09:34:43 +0100
> Olaf Hering <> wrote:
>
>> 11.4 is EOL in OBS.
>> Should we remove the 11.4 repos in packman to free resources?
>> The packages will remain on the mirrors.
>>
>> I propose the 11th of April to actually do that move...
>
> OK with me, but what is the official statement from the Evergreen team
> regarding 11.4? If they do not build anything for 11.4 anymore, then
> 11.4. sound nice ;-)

They are not actively supporting 11.4 (means not actively searching for
security issues and patching them), but on the other hand, they are
still providing some updates, and people are still using it. It is not
fully dead.

IMHO, you could stop building it, but allow downloading of the current
packages from somewhere. Maybe that's what you mean with "mirrors"?

Cheers,
       Carlos E. R.