[packman] publishing disabled due to ffmpeg3

Dave Plater davejplater at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 10:22:11 CET 2016

On 2/16/16, Olaf Hering <olaf at aepfle.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, Olaf Hering wrote:
>
>> The ffmpeg package was upgraded to version 3.0, most likely by accident.
>> As a result many packages fail to build. To avoid broken rpm
>> dependencies I have disabled publishing. It should be enabled once
>> everything is green again in the /monitor page.
>
> How should this be handled? My idea is to create a temporary (or
> permanent) staging project which contains _link's to all packages which
> have ffmpeg in BuildRequires. This gives an overview what packages need
> changing. Since this staging project is just a compile test building
> against 13.2/i586, 13.2/x86_64 and Factory/x86_64 should be enough, to
> reduce turnaround time.
>

> Olaf

That should work, there's not that many packages according to :
osc whatdependson  Essentials ffmpeg openSUSE_Tumbleweed x86_64
There's about 29 but this doesn't pick up the packages in Extra and Multimedia.
You should try osc whatdependson openSUSE:Factory ffmpeg standard
x86_64, I can't count the packages. Anyway I've reverted
multimedia:libs to 2.8.6 meanwhile and the ffmpeg-3.0 package can be
copypac'ed from home:plater ffmpeg.
Regards
Dave