[packman] VLC 2.2.2 on 42.1 abends opening LAN stream

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 9 09:36:53 CET 2016

My AZBox FTA DVB receiver can stream. I just figured out how, no thanks to
VLC 2.2.2 on 42.1. Once I got the setup right, all VLC did was abend. VLC
2.2.1 on WinXP works OK. Is there maybe some optional codec or other setup
for VLC on Linux that VLC on Win doesn't need? Other ideas, some other stream
player maybe?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/