[packman] Account password limitations and HTTPS for PMBS

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Tue Dec 20 13:42:28 CET 2016

Hi Karl,

please excuse the late response, as usual I am pretty busy.

On Fri, 16 Dec 2016 22:34:16 +0800
Karl Cheng <qantas94heavy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried signing up for an account on the Packman Build Service, but it
> failed saying that my password contained "invalid characters". What
> kind of passwords are accepted by the service?

I am not aware of anything special, but please have a look at the
source here:
https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/blob/master/src/api/app/models/user.rb
Limitiations on username and password are defined between lines 63 and
96. (I know, pointing to the source is lame, but ...)
The user name must be between 2 and 100 characters long, and be unique,
the password must have between 6 and 64 character.
The regular expressions in the respective lines define the valid
characters.

> Also, it seems that I cannot access PMBS without adding an HTTPS
> security exception. Is there a reason for this? Thanks for answering.

We are using a certificate from CAcert. The root certificate is not
included in your browser. Please visit https://cacert.org, have a look
at the published certificate, download the root cert into your browser
and trust it. Then there is no warning anymore.

Greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Botter zu Hause