[packman] "Connection refused" on pmbs interface

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Mon Sep 28 15:09:28 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 21:03:09 -0500
Jimmy Berry <jimmy at boombatower.com> wrote:

> Seems like obs instance is down or somesuch. Is someone with access
> aware?
>
> > Files could not be expanded: Multimedia/obs-studio: service daemon
> > error:
> connect to 10.8.0.1:5152: Connection refused

That was a tricky one...
Neither was a service unavailable, nor was the service contacted
actually.
It seems we ran into a obs service, which was not self-healing.
Sometime in the past the obs-service (the source service agent) was not
available at the exact moment, obs-studio tried to update its sources
using source services. The error state was logged, and any subsequent
attempts to refresh were immediately rejected with tie error message,
without even trying.

Took me roughly 6 hours to identify. Grmbl.

Greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Botter zu Hause