[packman] 106 package errors in SLE11

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Sun Oct 4 12:24:45 CEST 2015

On Sun, Oct 04, Martin Vogt wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I try to install a SLE_11/Essentials/ package on a SLE11-sp4.
> As it turned out, this does not work:
>
> >zypper install librtmp-devel
> >[..]
> >Problem: nothing provides pkgconfig(libcrypto)
> >         pkgconfig(libssl
>
> The same is true for 106 other packages in "Essentials".
> >From where does the pkgconfig(XYZ) requirement comes from?
> Its not listed in the SPEC file.

SLE_11 had no support to create pkgconfig() style Provides, so I added
support for it for the sake of packman. Today most packages use
pkgconfig(X) instead of X-devel in their BuildRequires.

The buildservice has some support to rewrite a "BuildRequires:
pkgconfig(X)" into "BuildRequires: X-devel" before calculating the
dependency for a given pkg. This is used for many possible names in the
prjconf, see all the Substitute: lines. But now that packages built in
packman also generate pkgconfig() requires/provides a few packages from
the imported SLE_11 tree are not found. Thats why I added
pkgconfig-SLE_11 to help the solver to resolve things like
pkgconfig(sdl) into SDL-devel. I did that on a case-by-case base.

That package is not published as it is meant just for building.
The individual packages can be downloaded here:
https://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/binaries/Essentials/pkgconfig-SLE_11?repository=SLE_11

Olaf